We are currently looking for a Social Media Specialist and Athlete Manager to join our dynamic team of professionals. The ideal candidate is a creative, flexible, and fun individual with a passion for social media and fitness. This position reports to the Marketing Director.
Social Media Specialist/Athlete Manager
You live and breathe social media. Online communities are your world and your language consists of tweets, likes, posts, and hash-tags. In your eyes, technology never stays the same and you are always current on the latest ways to communicate. If there is one thing you love most about what you do it’s sharing amazing content with a massive fan-base. Your ability to communicate across a wide range of media is mind-blowing. You have a unique gift for creating concise, engaging messages, and the innovative skill-set to determine the impact you make with your audience.
Here’s the other thing… you like working out. Actually, you are totally fanatic about fitness and everything surrounding it! Maybe you are even professionally involved in fitness. Either way you carry a well-rounded knowledge of what it takes to be a great athlete and rep for a major brand.
You have an inextinguishable positive attitude that rubs off on everyone who comes near you. When presented with a challenge you say: “bring it on.” To you, crazy workloads and tight deadlines are simply reminders you that you are working towards something great! While you can definitely take direction and feedback, you are adept at taking the lead when you need to – or taking initiative when you don’t! Your great sense of humour and approachable demeanour allow you to contribute as much to a team atmosphere as you do to a brand message.
If this sounds like you, then we would love to find out what you are made of!
As our Social Media Specialist/Athlete Manager you will be expected to:
- - Build an exciting and engaging content experience for our community across multiple platforms
- - Create/procure unique content to support social media efforts and initiatives
- - Monitor, respond to and moderate social media conversations and product inquiries
- - Track, analyze, optimize and report on social media efforts/campaigns to help meet objectives and build long-term strategies
- - Collaborate with design teams to manage social media asset requests and implement social media integrations
- - Develop relationships with social media vendors and fitness industry partners
- - Manage a virtual athlete team of 50+, including reinforcing brand rep activities and manageing contracts/inquiries/product orders.
- - Act as a social media/brand correspondent at a variety of local and international tradeshows
- - Search out and bring on new athletes to the team and evaluate performance
Knowledge and Skills
- - Active and engaged participant in social media
- - In-depth knowledge of multiple social media platforms and how to leverage their capabilities to build a strong brand following (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr etc.)
- - Savvy and knowledgeable about current social media trends, innovations, and best practices
- - Solid understanding of digital content, communication and marketing principles
- - Basic understanding of design requirements/usage for social media
- - Familiarity with web and social media analytics (Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.)
- - Highly creative, strategic thinker with ability to develop fresh, executable ideas
- - Superior verbal and written skills to create amazing brand messaging and communicate effectively with consumers, retailers, industry partners, and our athlete team
- - Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage/execute multiple ongoing projects
- - Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude to work effectively in a small team environment
- - Experience talking in front of a camera is an asset
- - Experience with graphic software like Photoshop are an asset but not essential
- - Experience and/or knowledge with content management systems (like Wordpress), or basic HTML coding are an asset but not essential
- - Complete familiarity with MS Office Suite
Educational and Experience
- - A Bachelor's degree or certificate in a related field is a major asset
- - 1-2 years of social media / community management experience
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org